The lab for NEtworking and Mobile Systems (NEMS) is affiliated with the Department of Computer Science at NCTU. It is located at MIRC (電子資訊大樓) Room 704. Our research proceeds from network fundamentals to other disciplines. We aim to pursue customizable, flexible solutions for networking services, as well as to explore security issues and to design countermeasures in mobile systems.
Our projects span four directions:
- Wireless networking: Wi-Fi, LTE, and NR
- Edge service and system: MEC security/performance, MEC platform development, and V2X/UAV applications
- Mobile network: 4G/5G security and network performance
- Network and system security: IoT security, wireless security, and Android security
NEMS Lab News
*** We are looking for several Bachelor/Master/Phd research assistants and engineers (Full-time). People who plan to study aboard are very welcome. The employment period is quite flexible (Negotiable). ***
We are looking for self-motivated students (including undergraduate, master, and phd) who want to work on
interesting problems in the areas of networking and mobile systems. The potential students are expected to be
willing to learn, to explore, and to code.
If you are interested in joining us, you are very welcome to drop by our lab to chat with us.
- Sep. 2020: We won the Future Tech Award and the Best Popularity Award at Taiwan innotech Expo.
- Aug. 2019: Yu-Sheng, Po-Hao, Yu-Cheng and Hsu-Tung won the Best Demo Award with our MEC prototype at MC 2019.
- May. 2019: We started a joint project MI-LAB with Prof. Peng’s team in Purdue University.
- Feb. 2019: We demonstrated our developed MEC platform with Lanner at MWC 2019.
- Jul. 2018: Po-Hao presented our MEC middlebox work at USENIX HotEdge 2018 in Boston, MA, USA.
- Jun. 2018: Our WiFi calling security paper won the Best Paper Award at IEEE CNS 2018.
- May 2018: Giovanni presented V2PSense at IEEE ICC 2018 in Kansas City, MO, USA.
- Oct. 2017: Yu-Han presented our wireless NEMO work at TANET 2017 in Hualien, Taiwan.
- Oct. 2017: Yao-Yu and Chia-Jui demonstrated our WiGig/WiFi handover work at IEEE ICNP 2017 in Toronto, Canada.
- Sep. 2020: Yu-Yen, Wei-Xun, Chui-Hao, Yu-Sheng, Hong-Rong, and Yu-Cheng graduated, and joined Phison, MTK, MTK, MTK, Realtek, and MTK, respectively.
- Aug. 2019: Syuan-Cheng, Yu-Han, Pei-Yuan, Po-Hao, and Shao-Jung graduated, and joined MTK, MTK, Phison, Realtek, and ARRC, respectively.
- Apr. 2019: Po-Jui and Shao-Yu were admitted to Master’s program in Computer Science at Purdue University.
- Aug. 2018: Chia-Jui and Yao-Yu graduated, and joined MediaTek and Realtek, respectively.
- Feb. 2018: Chien-Ting graduated and joined MediaTek.
- Aug. 2017: Wei-Han left for studying aboard in Computer Science of OSU.